Motor Insurance and Its Key Benefits ?
Motor insurance of your car is the assurance of its full financial protection in case of any accident or
damage. It is applicable to both personal and commercial vehicles and is mandatory under the Motor
Vehicles Act 1988. The vehicle owner pays a fixed amount (premium) to the insurance company in the
form of a policy for a stipulated time period. In case of any mishap, the insurance company gauges the
damage and depending on the assessed value of the vehicle, pays compensation to the client. The policy
requires a renewal after a fixed period of time. The renewal period is one year for all the companies as
per the Motor Vehicle Act. The key benefits of Motor Insurance are:
- Compliance with the Motor Vehicle Act
- In case of loss or damage of vehicle by natural or man- made calamities such as floods,
lightning, storm, landslide, fire, theft, accident, riot, etc. the loss or damage caused to the
vehicle will be compensated for by the insurance company as per the value assessed when the
insurance contract was agreed to.
- Many insurance companies offer an added personal accident insurance cover along with motor insurance.
- In case of accident, the owner is protected against third party liability damages.
- Continued insurance coverage without claim reduces subsequent cost of premiums.
Different Plans Offered
Different companies offer different kinds of plans which vary in their premium, frequency of payment, coverage provided and additional benefits.
How to Insure Your Vehicle
There are two ways of insuring your vehicle, online or in person through an insurance agent.
- These days there are a number of online companies that offer information about the various
plans offered by different Insurance companies. Many of these plans are available at
competitive rates and also give some very good discounts to their clients. You can visit the
company’s website, check their offers, fill up the form and even make the payment online.
Many portals offer features that allow the visitors to compare car insurance policies and offers
of different companies and choose the best out of all of them. Once you compare
car insurance policies of different companies you will know the advantages and disadvantages of different
plans. Thereafter, you can fill the form, make a payment online and on realization of payment
your policy will be confirmed. All this can be done at your comfort, anywhere. Your policy will
be ready in minutes. It’s a much easier way of insuring your vehicle. One such online company
offering insurance products is InsuringIndia.com, which has the widest array of products under
motor insurance, with special emphasis on two wheeler insurance.
- Buying a policy through an agent has its limitations, as the agent officially represents only one
company and can therefore offer information only about that particular company’s policy thus
depriving you of a chance to compare policies of other companies.
Thus, in order to get comparisons among plans offered by different companies, it is best to buy insurance online.
Miscellaneous Aspects Of Vehicle Insurance
If you do few things right, then you can get affordable motor car insurance. Here
are a few tips:
- One should be regular with the renewal of vehicle insurance because during the uninsured
period the liability in case of any damage to the vehicle will be of the owner alone and it will
also be against the rules.
- Before insuring you should get quotes from at least four to five companies. Once you
get quotes it will become easier to compare the policy, its feature and cost. InsuringIndia.com
will offer you the widest choice in motor insurance policies, with some of the best rates in the country.