In these unpredictable times of stress, you may have insured yourself against a number of unforeseen dangers to life and health. But there is no denying that escalated medical costs and additional financial challenges can cripple the best of plans and future savings. Considering that there is danger lurking in the form of lifestyle diseases or even predictable health check-ups, it’s wise to opt for something that gives you a complete safety cover without compromising on your own and your family’s health and financial security.
While many health insurance plans may not cover a number of things like diagnostics, consultation charges, second opinions to major or minor surgeries, opting for a healthcare discount card covers all your bases, literally.
What is a health card? It is a low cost option to acquire medical care without burning a hole in your pocket. It also offers benefits like cashless hospitalization. On the basis of a monthly/ annual fee, the consumer get access to OPD services, physicians, eye doctors, pediatricians, ophthalmologists, radiologists and other medical practitioners at discounted rates.
Benefits of a healthcare card
· The medical costs can come down between a bracket of 25%-50% depending on the type of health card you opt for
· Depending on the insurer, preventive health check-ups are available for the entire family
· You can create and maintain personal health records
· Now ayurveda, homeopathy and even diet consultation come at special discounted rates with some health cards
· Some even offer an alternative of free-of-cost 'second opinion' before an important surgery
· Some health cards also provide useful services like an ambulance facility
· Cost effective, as they take care of all your out-of-pocket expenses
· They offer discounts on medical, health and drug expenses for a monthly or annual membership fee
· Besides pre-hospitalization costs, post hospitalization costs are also covered
· Other expenses like doctor consultation, dental check up, cost of drugs etc are taken care of
Basic Do’s and Don’ts for Healthcare Cards
· There are plenty of fraudsters in the market today. Always ensure that you’re buying your healthcare card from a reputed and well established company
· Keep an eye out for any sort of hidden charges
· It’s a good idea to buy these cards online as it saves time, is cost effective and is a transparent option
· Instead of being swayed by the sops, evaluate with a cool mind whether your healthcare card offers discounts on the medicine and treatments you need
· Since this is a new phenomenon in India, lack of a regulatory body means that in case of a grievance you have to knock on the doors of the consumer court.
· It makes sense to evaluate if the network of medical services is close to where you reside instead of far flung areas
· While opting for these cards, always read the fine print and compare existing policies --premium, benefits, disadvantages, sops, terms and conditions
Want to Buy Health Insurance Click Here.