While the insurance industry has evolved with changing demands of society and lifestyle, a new trend has unveiled itself in the recent years where political parties are now eyeing personal accident benefit cover for their party workers. Accidents are not restricted to roads alone. But acts of violence can throw a lot of things out of gear including personal safety. Over the years, poll related violence has gone up and this gives rise to the need for personal accident insurance cover for party workers especially at the grass roots level because they are in the most vulnerable positions.
This is a special policy that safeguards the policy holder against unforeseen accidents and mishaps. It basically provides compensation in case of death or bodily injury to the insured person, directly and solely as a result of an accident, by external, visible and violent means. You also have the option of buying additional protection against partial and temporary disability and also loss of livelihood as a direct result of that disability.
• It can be availed from any part of India 24x7.
• Offers a lump sum in case of accidental death or permanent disability, depending on the type of cover opted for.
• A lot of policies also extend this benefit to the family of the policy holder.
• Injuries suffered during mishaps/ accidents like Broken Bones, Burns, Permanent Disability or Accidental Deaths are covered under the policy umbrella.
• Some policies also offer additional sops like taking care of Ambulance expenses alongwith cash reimbursements for hospitalization.
• Some policies also offer the benefit of child education to the policy holder in event of his death or incurring permanent disability during a mishap.
• It saves you a lot of headache as it does not need medical tests and documentation.
• Premium rates are usually affordable as they are low.
• The claim process if very efficient and simple.
• Some policies also take care of legal expenses and provide funeral cover.
It is advisable that this policy is bought via an online aggregator instead of an insurance agent. This is because online platform gives you a plethora of choices from varied insurance companies. It also allows you to compare, the advantages, premium rates, weigh the negatives and disadvantages and review sops. Thus all these factors help you in making a more informed choice which is best suited to your needs.
What you need to take care of while buying a personal accident cover is the inclusions and exclusions that your policy lists. Therefore it is a good idea to read the fine print and offer documents carefully. For example certain things like suicide, self inflicted wounds, pre-existing injury, pregnancy, child birth, natural death are not covered.
It is also very important that while buying this policy, the kin of the party workers be apprised of the inclusions and exclusions. This will help them in expediting claims faster, whenever the need arises.